Our client is a vibrant, dynamic and service orientated business, which manufactures a wide range of savoury ingredients, including seasonings, sauces, marinades, coatings and functional blends. The business will offer you a responsible and diverse activity in a dynamic and future – orientated company with an exciting product portfolio.
Our client will inform the chosen candidate of the great importance to a team orientated cooperation in which respect and mutual trust must form the basis of a successful working atmosphere.
The company is searching for a talented and driven Lab Technician to join their friendly and focused team. With a positive outlook, excellent company culture and leading staff retention levels, it is important that the candidate is an excellent fit with team.
Purpose of the Position
To support R&D in food sample preparation, raw material inventory management, customer shipment, general housekeeping, maintenance and calibration of analytical laboratory equipment within a test kitchen setting.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with direct supervision to prepare formulas for continued product development needs.
- Ensures that samples are sent out accurately and on time for customer evaluations.
- Prepares samples for product presentations to other departments (e.g., Sales, Marketing) and to customers.
- Ensures test kitchens are supplied with standard raw material for product development needs.
- Ensures appropriate inventory levels are on hand for restock of standard ingredient, maintains ingredient tracking system and works with vendor partners to reorder as needed.
- Prepares customer sample box for shipment with accurate completion of contents and shipping documentation for daily pickup as directed.
- Maintains general cleanliness of food preparation areas, small wares, utensils and trash receptacles.
- Has ability to accurately use common computer systems to update general data entry and document generation.
- Maintains good laboratory records.
- Communicates internally and externally with colleagues or vendors to fulfill job requirements.
- Works with other technicians, scientists or plant personnel in a cooperative manner.
- Accurately maintains and enters data in to formula development and manufacturing systems.
- Assists Food Scientist and operations with production trials of new products.
- Complete sample request in a timely, error free manner
- May support specific projects required by the business that may expand beyond the scope of the team
- Works in a team environment supporting samples department and other labs as needed
Knowledge and Experience:
- Ability to carry out detailed oral or written instructions
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to communicate, read, and comprehend instructions in English
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Basic working knowledge of MS Office
- Lab experience a plus