Regional Category Manager – Rail & Railcar Fleet
Love food? So do we. In fact, we pride ourselves on being food people. For more than 150 years, we’ve been driven by our passion to create food that people love. No matter your role or expertise, you’ll be helping us make food extraordinary across the globe to improve lives for generations. Join us and experience what it’s like to work with people who are passionate about food and strive for the extraordinary.
Reports to (Title)
VP, Global Logistics Procurement
The purpose of this role is to develop and implement effective regional procurement strategies, supplier relationship management and delivery of short term and long term financial plans. The Regional Category Manager North America (NOAM), Rail & Railcar Fleet, will be responsible for negotiations, contractual oversight of +5,500 railcars of various types, vendor risk management, appropriate fleet sizing proportionate to the Company's short and long term goals. Define strategies to improve delivered price and creative capacity management ensuring longevity of a nimble Supply Chain. Through excellent leadership and communications skills, the NOAM Regional Category Manager will ensure that cross-functional business opportunities are actively embraced.
The Recipe For Success:
- Proven expertise in sourcing transportation, inclusive of operational experience.
- Proven ability to manage winning strategies in a monopolistic environment.
- Rail freight and lease management experience is essential to this role.
- Well-developed commercial mind-set and logistics market knowledge in the categories of rail freight procurement/operations, railcar fleet, first and last mile and 3rd party bulk transfer locations.
- Understand and ability to successfully develop and manage stakeholder relationships.
- Proven track record of strategic procurement and category management with small, medium and large carriers/vendors.
- Self-starter, outcome oriented individual with a proven track record of delivering savings targets by developing excellent stakeholder relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Track record of working successful in cross functional teams to serve business needs, develop a compelling selling proposition, and negotiate to win-win contract agreements.
- Understand unique delivery requirements with determination and willingness to win customer accounts regardless of complexity.
- Experience managing a portfolio of $100mm+.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- Well-developed presentation skills.
- Ability to manage numerous competing priorities and deadline driven.
- A degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, International Trade or Engineering with consideration to years of experience.
- Solid understanding of the contracting cycle with ability to apply knowledge in every carrier interaction and become a trusted advisor within the organization.
- Experience in successfully delivering category management in a global organization.
- Experience in fleet management wider related business activity would be beneficial.
- Systems experience with Oracle, SAP and rail freight billing practices would be advantageous.
- PC literate including MS office suite of standard programs, with advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience and understanding of risk management tools and techniques.
- Performing market assessments, trends and recommending mitigation action plans.
- Willingness to travel both domestic and international in support of Category and business unit requirements.
- Positive outlook.
- Partnership- We work together as one global team to deliver for our customers.
- Agility-We have the courage to act quickly and allow others to experiment and learn.
- Execution-We deliver long term results, balancing today’s needs with tomorrow’s possibilities.
Protecting our people and the environment is foundational to our business
Each team member is expected to support the Tate & Lyle culture where Environment, Health and Safety are the overriding values in all activities. Every team member is accountable for working safely and complying with all EHS policies, procedures and regulations relevant to their work and is expected to speak up and intervene to prevent unsafe conditions and to respect fellow workers and the communities in which we work. Included in this is abidance with our Life Saving Principles (LSPs) and our STOP WORK AUTHORITY, which are developed to strengthen our workplace safety, prevent serious injury or loss of life.