Rail Fleet Analyst
Love food? So do we. In fact, we pride ourselves on being food people. For more than 150 years, we’ve been driven by our passion to create food that people love. No matter your role or expertise, you’ll be helping us make food extraordinary across the globe to improve lives for generations. Join us and experience what it’s like to work with people who are passionate about food and strive for the extraordinary.
Reports to (Title)
Director of Transportation
The Rail Fleet Analyst position will be responsible for supporting the efficient and successful operations of the Tate and Lyle rail fleet. The position is part of the Transportation team and interfaces with the rest of the organization on all rail matters. The position ensures that the Tate and Lyle private rail car fleet is properly maintained, billed, scheduled and moving per the operating plan.
The Recipe for Success:
- Minimum 5 years of private rail fleet management or railroad experience
- Rail car billing, maintenance and/or expediting is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Logistics Software, SAP
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively solve problems
- Effective analytical skills
- Strong project management skills
- Relevant experiences include:
- Demonstrated success in providing rail rates/routes for quotes into SAP
- Measuring and maintaining operational KPIs (e.g., on-time, asset utilization, and cost)
- Preparing daily position reports for commodity fleets
- Diverting cars as needed to keep empty car supply sufficient
- Monitoring railcar shipments and movement in the rail tracking system, contacting railroads when rail cars are delayed or bad ordered
- Ensuring outbound trains are rated and billed
- Processing lease invoices, creating purchase requisition and service entry sheets for leases
- Ordering railcar parts
- Filing rail product claims
- Rail EDI management
- Monitoring any exceptions in the rail tracking system
- Reviewing and approving/disputing railroad balance due, rejected load, empty car moves, and rebills
- Rail billing cancellations and shipment cost deletions
- Collaborating with Procurement to ensure rail shipping lanes with volume are covered under contracts where possible
- Filing rail contract refund requests
- Creating and distributing invoices for leasing of ethanol cars
- Working with outside firms to recoup any overpayments
- Actively managing complaints concerning rejected cars
- Re-billing cars when rejected by customers
- Partnership- We work together as one global team to deliver for our customers.
- Agility-We have the courage to act quickly and allow others to experiment and learn.
- Execution-We deliver long term results, balancing today’s needs with tomorrow’s possibilities.
Protecting our people and the environment is foundational to our business
Each team member is expected to support the Tate & Lyle culture where Environment, Health and Safety are the overriding values in all activities. Every team member is accountable for working safely and complying with all EHS policies, procedures and regulations relevant to their work and is expected to speak up and intervene to prevent unsafe conditions and to respect fellow workers and the communities in which we work. Included in this is abidance with our Life Saving Principles (LSPs) and our STOP WORK AUTHORITY which are developed to strengthen our workplace safety, prevent serious injury or loss of life.