The Supply Chain Black Belt will be responsible for building Continuous Improvement (CI) capabilities across the organization and leading a portfolio of initiatives supporting the Company and Department goals. The position will act as a lead change agent for lean process improvement implementations and improvement of capabilities of people and systems. This position will foster a culture of continuous improvement and sustainment while facilitating and educating continuous improvement tools across the organization.
The Supply Chain Black Belt role assists in operationalizing daily work improvements into the culture of the organization to achieve measurable and sustainable business efficiencies while developing relationships across all levels of the organization. The role will focus in our extended supply chain and solve complex issues related to the packaging, palletization, storage and transportation of our packed products.
The candidate will support and mentor to both business leaders as well as improvement team members embedded in the business. The incumbent will be an advocate for embedding continuous improvement programs within Tate & Lyle.
- Mentors, coaches and trains Green Belts and other members of project teams.
- Black Belt must be clear and effective communicators to succeed in their roles as Six Sigma leaders, mentors, coaches and trainers. In the course of their day, Black Belts will communicate with employees at all levels of the company. They must be able to speak the language of CI and Lean 6 Sigma.
- Plan and manage a portfolio of process improvement initiatives using industry recognized process improvement methodologies and tools
- Conduct and facilitate process improvement projects and ongoing facility gap assessments around continuous improvement efforts
- Act as a change agent to foster and support a daily work improvement culture throughout the organization
- Participate/facilitate process improvement and strategic goal setting sessions throughout the business
- Drive the data collection and analytics to identify opportunities for improvement
- Collaborate with internal partners to ensure effective integration of initiatives as well as to foster collaborative and organizational learning
- Analyze opportunities as well as guide and plan actions around continuous improvement initiatives
- Propose and implement process improvements
- Identify trends and process variations as part of establishing a continuous improvement monitoring system
- Assist in development of Global Operations CI strategies
- Supports the business in decision making through data and interpretation from a lean perspective
- Assist in standardizing and sharing Best-In-Class continuous improvement practices throughout the organization.
- Team Facilitation
- Problem Solving
- Effective Analytical Skills
- Change Agent
- Communication (Verbal and Written)
- Computer Skills (Excel, Minitab, Powerpoint)
- Program and Project Management
- Business Acumen
- Ability to recognize and evaluate new project ideas
Requires a bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or related field. Requires Lean 6 Sigma Black Belt training and certification.
Requires 3 or more years of experience leading complex Continuous Improvement projects across a wide range of business units. Proven track record and knowledge using the CI methodology and tool set. Experience in leading and or managing CI teams would be preferred. Candidates must have experience in Supply Chain related activities (planning, transportation, packaging, warehousing, etc).