Requisition ID 99
Position Type Kerry Graduate
Career Function Manufacturing/Production
We are Kerry, the Taste & Nutrition company. We understand that consumers want delicious products made from trusted, authentic foods and flavours. Every day millions of people throughout the world consume foods and beverages containing our taste and nutrition solutions. We add protein to your post workout shake, we reduce sugar, while maintaining great taste and we have the know–how to replace the "baddies" in foods with wholesome ingredients. Join us and be part of the future of food.
This role has responsibility to co-ordinate and drive the delivery of operational targets, initiatives and improvements at one of our manufacturing facilities.
You will be required to support department managers in delivering factory performance improvements through the facilitation of Site teams using lean tools and techniques.
Initially with a very hands on approach to developing capability and leadership skills, you will develop into a People Manager with potential Shift Management responsibility. You will have specific project tasks related to driving the introduction of aspects of strategic change as the business continues to grow.
Your direct Line Manager will be the Production Manager, but you may also receive instruction from the Operations Manager or other Managers as appropriate.
You will have real opportunity to engage right across the business and make a difference early in your career. You will be supported and work alongside one of the most experienced food manufacturing teams in the world.
Key responsibilities of the role are summarised below and are subject to change according to business needs:
· Support the Site Strategic Agenda and the successful implementation and maintenance of the Kerry Manufacturing Standard (Site Audit Standard).
· Identify, manage, and execute initiatives to deliver significant improvements in the areas of:
o Delivery / Service
o Operating efficiency (Labour, Process Lines & Cost Optimisation)
o People Management
o Materials control and efficiency
· Facilitate and support management teams (and other teams) involved in major transformational projects (e.g. re-engineering the major Site business processes).
· Ensure all direct reports are fully trained and equipped with the necessary skills to operate in an environment that promotes safety and well-being.
· Support the Site Lean Programme to ensure the effective training and deployment of the principles, projects, tools and techniques (as appropriate) and KPIs etc.
· Maintain awareness of best practice and modern improvement techniques.
· Ensure familiarity is achieved with Kerry’s preferred method of problem solving (root cause, 8 step etc.)
What we are looking for:
· Ideally a graduate or equivalent. (Ideally Food Science, Manufacturing, Engineering).
· Ideally familiar with lean / CI principles and with some awareness of best practice.
· Can demonstrate clear experience of successful leadership in their academic and non-academic development.
Please note: Kerry is a global organisation with operations worldwide. By applying to this position you are indicating your location as a preference. We will take this into account; however with all of our graduate programmes we encourage our applicants to be open minded and flexible.
Joining us means being supported by, and learning from, talented people who really care about what they do. You’ll get bags of responsibility early on, and we’ll be open to your ideas. And because we’re always looking to the future, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. Our current CEO joined us as a grad. How far will you go?