Title: Supplier Assurance Manager
Based in the UK, our client is a fast growing, dynamic and forward thinking Ingredients supplier operating internationally across various food products. Now seeking to expand further, the business is looking for a high calibre individual to join the business.
Main Job Purpose
To ensure high quality assurance standards across a broad base of ingredient suppliers in both high and low care ingredient categories. To provide guidance and support to both suppliers and customers.
As Supplier Assurance Manager you will work closely with New Product Development, Sales and Supply Chain. You will understand the importance of efficient international supply chain relationships.
- A key function, ensuring that the business is exceeding the expectation of its customers from a QA perspective
- Collect data from existing and new suppliers, undertake risk assessments in relation to raw materials
- Setting QA Compliance Objectives and insuring targets are achieved
- Lead activities that empower, engage, team members
- Lead changes to existing products in response to complaints, customer requests, or cost-saving activity.
- Ensure seamless exchange of technical and product information between and functional areas
- Use Quality Management Systems and Continuous Improvement to place exceptional QA practices at the heart of the organisation.
- Excellent knowledge of food manufacturing processes
- Solid understanding of food safety
- Experience using and training on ERP systems.
- Experience in setting up HACCP, ISO and/or other food safety and quality assurance systems
- BRC experience preferred.
- B.S. in Food Science or related field
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 5+ years Quality Assurance Management experience in food industry required.