We have an immediate opportunity for a Project Director to join the Firmenich Global Engineering team - America’s Region. The role will be initially based in our New Ulm, MN manufacturing site. The project Director will lead a significant project expansion at our New Ulm site, and once this project is completed will support Capital Projects located within the America’s region.
- Directly manage the internal lead disciplines, purchasing, construction and OEF's project manager in all phases of the capital project.
- Development of capital project estimates, preparation, and submission of project summaries for approval.
- Conducting all relevant project reviews with participation of key project team members; design, operability & maintainability, process hazards analysis, constructability.
- Participate in preparation of Pre-Conceptual, Basic & Detailed Engineering design packages of capital projects and assistance of technical purchasing, qualify outside engineering firms, develop RFP's, and evaluate bid proposals.
- Perform the basic engineering studies including appropriate safety and quality reviews in order to prepare the project’s investment files within +/- 10% accuracy prior to approval.
- Manage the overall project capital goods purchasing effort, specifically the issuing of purchase orders to selected equipment and instrumentation vendors through technical purchasing.
- Monitor, control and report on performance against project quality, budget and schedule original plan.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent in handling interdisciplinary complexity (technical solution, number of customers and stakeholders, disciplines, contractors …), influencing up and across and driving change
- Independence, challenges and control of own activities
- Availability for regional mobility
- BS degree in Engineering
- Graduate degree in Engineering, Business, or Project Management is preferred
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience of demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in executing major engineering capital projects, preferably in a chemical, and/or ingredients manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of cGMP manufacturing practices
- A highly visible regional role delivering capital investment projects to the One Operations organization
- Join an organization that focus in developing its resources expertise in Engineering Project Management aimed at achieving superior projects execution
- Being part of a result oriented organization culture that foster team collaboration
- Work for a world leading company in environmental and sustainability initiatives