Mondelēz International’s Reading Science Centre provides unique opportunities in the provision of scientific analysis, research, consultancy and training to its parent company and the wider food and pharmaceutical sectors. Operating as Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL), we apply leading-edge science with integrity and service to exceed expectations and deliver greater value to our clients.
Purpose of the role
The Reading Science Centre incorporates R&D Global Shared Services and Reading Scientific Services Limited (RSSL), which provides a range of investigative analytical, research and consultancy services to the food and pharmaceutical industries and analytical support to Mondelez globally. In this role you will contribute towards this by:
- Developing and managing all aspects of finances at the Reading Science Centre (RSC).
- Partnering with the RSSL General Manager, lab managers and RSC Leadership Team to provide financial information, identifying and reviewing value enhancing opportunities.
- Strategically managing the finance function and developing the finance team.
- Managing the business risk and corporate governance requirements of the site including liaison with external auditors and partners.
- Lead the finance department, providing accounting and financial management service for Reading Science Centre including:
- Financial accounting: All financial transactions on RSSL’s balance sheet. Month end close, reconciling ledger balances to trial balance and agreeing inter-company balances with other Group companies.
- Group Financial reporting: Meeting group deadlines and reconciling with internal reporting tools
- Management accounting: Monthly Sales & Profit reporting and analysis for RSSL. Provision of accounting and decision support for all RSC cost centers.
- Statutory reporting: Completion of RSSL’s statutory financial reports and working papers. Management of external audit process.
- Capex: Control the accounting and evaluation process for local projects and fixed assets.
- Tax: Oversee the annual ITQs for local statutory entities. Manage VAT reconciliation and return processes for the RSC.
- Manage the financial aspects of the planning processes:
- Manage the Forecast and Contract process, business partnering Centre Managers to agree annual targets.
- Prepare headcount plans and coordinate entry into CMT planning tool.
- Managing the finance team, acting as a coach and encouraging them to greater understanding of finance-related activities.
- Manage Business Risk and compliance for RSSL & RSC, including financial controls, Sarbannes-Oxley compliance, Insurance requirements and external audit interactions.
- Represent the RSC and RSSL on finance matters at corporate level, with external partners, as part of the RSSL Extended Leadership Team and the Northern Europe Finance Leadership Team. Partner with the lab and cost centre managers to increase awareness of the financial impact of decisions.