Plant Operational Excellence (OPEX) Manager reports solid line to the Plant Manager and dotted line to the Cluster manager of Operational Excellence. The OPEX Manager is responsible for deploying the plant's OPEX program, and supporting process improvement and cost reduction programs. This role includes the responsibility to create and manage the plant's cost savings budget, project hopper and ensure execution. This position is also responsible for the implementation and the monitoring of the EDGE Global OPEX Initiative within the plant. OPEX Managers work in collaboration with other plants to drive rapid results to deliver the highest levels of performance through reapplication of best practices.
- Lead/work with functional teams to streamline processes to improve customer experience and enable profitable growth
- Develops and implements the plant's EDGE Global OPEX Initiative
- Assist plant leaders and champions in selecting projects that align with plant financial goals, KPIs and strategies
- Develop mechanisms and lead initiatives and events to help the organization identify improvement opportunities that reduce/eliminate non-value added activities within production and business processes, (such as 5S, Visual Management, Daily Management Systems, Process Controls and Root Cause Analysis)
- Ensures plant's project hopper and tracking dashboard is maintained, and results are communicated monthly to Cluster Manager of OPEX
- Serve as the plant subject matter expert for EDGE Global OPEX Initiative tools and methodologies with the ability to deliver training and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Provide ongoing support to multiple project teams
- Works with plant leadership in installing organizational supports for Operational Excellence (reviews, communications, rewards, software, etc.)
- Supports and engages in Plant KPI’s including Safety, Quality, Service, and Cost as a key player in plant management team
- Assists in writing and justifying plant Capital projects, and other cost justification for plant budget items
- Leads improvement projects of significant size and scope
- Deliver training as needed such as EDGE Global OPEX Initiative
- Communicates Operational Excellence information/news to plant management, staff, and employees
- Responsible for best practice sharing process within the plant and cluster
- Travel approximately 25%; depends on business needs
- Perform other duties as assigned
BS/BA degree in Business Management, Engineering, or other related field of study. MBA, MS or other technical graduate degree preferred.
Years of Experience: Minimum 7 years of plant manufacturing experience, which includes a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience successfully leading a plant level continuous improvement program.