Directs the operation of the facility to meet all of the quality, food safety, and customer requirements in the most safe, cost-effective, and timely manner by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Assist Plant Manager with the coordination of production, distribution, warehousing, and sales in accordance with company policies, principles and procedures. Review operational issues with involved departments to resolve problems or implement changes.
- Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise employees in the Production and Sanitation areas. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Develop and implement plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees to increase plant productivity while maintaining optimal safe working conditions. Evaluate and recommend equipment purchases to improve production operations or working conditions.
- Develop and implement reporting methods and systems.
- Develop and implement training programs and plans to cross- train for career development.
- Monitor plant departmental activities and assist with problems as necessary to meet planned production schedules and insure product quality.
- Assist in development of capital budget plan. Report progress of capital projects to budget on a monthly basis or as requested.
- Communicate, comply and assist in the development , implementation, support, and maintenance of company policies and procedures, quality management systems, continuous improvement programs, food safety, employee safety, preventative maintenance programs, GMP’s, plant cleanliness and legality among plant personnel. Ensure such policies are applied by all employees.
- Implements and monitors overall production performance, plant key performance indicators and quality standards and ensure objectives are established, documented, monitored, and reviewed. Ensure non-conformities identified in quality programs are addressed and corrected.
- Participate in TPM, EDGE, and all other company initiatives as needed and other duties as assigned.
Skills/Work Experience Preferred fields of study include food science, business management, industrial management, and/or engineering. Experience must be in supervisory and operational responsibility for food manufacturing. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Familiarity with mechanical functions of all machines/equipment. Personal computer skills to include spreadsheet software and word processing software (MS Word & Excel).
Education: Bachelor''s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four year college or university 8+ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.