The Senior Financial Analyst position will demonstrate leadership in performing financial analysis, reviewing and approving trade promotion and rebate programs, return on investment (ROI) analysis, reporting, and period end accounting support for trade related accounts. The person selected will partner with the sales team to drive profitable growth, provide insights on program performance and manage the Trade Promotion Management System (TPM).
- Perform profitability and return on investment analysis on customer programs.
- Maintain the integrity of the Trade Promotion Management system (TPM).
- Maintain pro-active communication with sales.
- Develop full understanding of customer programs, rebates and discounts.
- Work closely with Trade Spend Transaction team to timely resolve customer trade-related deduction issues.
- Assist in creating weekly and monthly performance reports of key drivers and post-event analysis.
- Work with manager to develop value-added financial analysis to improve performance and customer profitability.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with sales and other departments.
- Maintain professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to take direction
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy required
- Excellent knowledge of finance and accounting
- Superior analytical and reporting skills
- Exceptional problem solving abilities and decision making skills
- Business acumen
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills and success in process improvements
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks
- 4-6 years relevant experience in financial analysis, with 1 year minimum role in sales analysis preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting.
- Superior proficiency in Excel required.
- Trade spend, rebates and price deviation managment and analysis experience a strong plus
- Consumer Products (CPG) industry, a plus
- Microsoft office suite (Power Point, Outlook, Word), SAP, Business Intelligence preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.