This position is responsible for operating various types of packaging and processing equipment and in accordance with process and quality standards so as to meet production schedules assigned.
- Operates various processing or packaging equipment.
- Stacks boxes of product on pallet plus positioning pallet.
- Rotates between stations and assists in other departments or areas as necessary when directed by supervisor.
- Operates wrap machine, palletizers, box machines, and other production equipment.
- Ensures proper materials are being used and documented with accuracy (ex: label inserts, paper, pails, and fillings.).
- Ensure proper disposal of product rejected by metal detector and document occurrences.
- Properly assemble/ disassemble materials and equipment for changeovers.
- Maintain cleanliness on line and 5S standards. Equipment and work areas must be kept organized, clean and sanitary throughout the shift. End of shift requires removal of any waste and garbage generated during the shift.
- Ensure proper care of equipment.
- Follow all safety procedures and participate in safety training. Maintain safe and efficient use of equipment, tools, and person. Report any injury or accident immediately to supervisory and/or any unsafe condition.
- Support, and comply with all quality management systems, continuous improvement programs, food safety, employee safety, preventative maintenance programs.
- Support and comply with GMP’s.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Scope of Position:
Supervisory Responsibility (direct reports):
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand for a prolonged time, walk, climb steps and work on elevated platforms.
- The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read, speak and write English so as to assimilate, retain, and apply training and knowledge of job functions and recognize and communicate problems and recommended solutions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
High School or Equivalent