This position requires a scientist with a strong knowledge of analytical chemistry as it pertains to flavor/fragrance analysis, aroma chemicals, instrumental analysis, especially GCMS.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Degree in Chemistry, or closely related field.
- 2-5 years minimum working experience in a flavor and fragrance analysis laboratory, preferable at a flavor and fragrance company.
- Proficiency with analytical instrumentation and techniques including GC and GC/MS.
- Knowledge of mass spectrometry and mass spectral interpretation is required.
- Working knowledge of aroma chemicals, essential oils and other materials used in the creation of flavors.
- Ability in the identification and quantification of flavor and fragrance materials including individual molecules and natural preparations.
- Experience in sample preparation, including extraction techniques such as Solid Phase Extraction (SPE), Solid Phase Micro Extraction (SPME), Stir Bar Sorptive Extraction (SBSE), Dynamic Headspace Extraction (DHS), Liquid-Liquid Extraction (LLE), and various other techniques.
- Working knowledge of the properties of molecules and natural extracts used for the creation of flavors and fragrances.
- Performs well in a fast pace environment and adapts to rapid change of priorities as required by the business.
Description of Work Performed:
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot analytical instrumentation, specifically GC, GC/MS and related sampling instrumentation.
- Perform data analysis using specialized software and prepare reports.
- Use technical knowledge to assist internal customers to identify and deliver analytical project requirements.