Barry Callebaut is the heart and engine of the cocoa and chocolate industry. We are looking for Digital Project manager in Belgium (BE) for Lebbeke-Wieze (BEWI). Our broad range of products and services span all aspects from cocoa sourcing to fine chocolate products, which are loved by people of all ages worldwide. We are passionate about our business and work hard every day to ensure that there is enough chocolate in the world. Nothing is more important to our success than the combined expertise of our 8,500 Barry Callebaut employees around the world. Our international focus in the fascinating world of cocoa-growing and chocolate are the colorful backdrop for our many functions across a wide range of disciplines. In addition to sharing a passion for chocolate, Barry Callebaut employees live our other corporate values every day - customer focus, entrepreneurship, integrity and team spirit. We are committed to making sure that they have the right skills, know-how and deep understanding of our customers and their needs. Engaging and developing our employees is the key to our success. Because our business focus is so broad, the scope of career opportunities within Barry Callebaut can cover many functional areas.
We are looking for an enthusiastic resource, who will manage the different digital projects that we have, mostly in the area of Salesforce.
- Support our business to become thé digital leader in the chocolate business.
- Leads business change projects, covering all aspects of such change (business processes, business data, supporting application/system, organization alignment, enabling IT-Infrastructure requirements).
- Contributes to business / IM governance in defining the IM-Applications masterplan (“Project Portfolio Management”)
- Stay up-to-date on new technologies and new applications in the digital area.
- Defines and defends “global Template Solution” (process/system) where appropriate, despite a BC organization where decision power is split between the Global functions and the Business units/Regions
- Flexibility in terms of overtime
- Be highly effective/efficient
- People motivator
- Contributes to the business / IM governance in defining the IM-Applications masterplan (“Project Portfolio Management”)
- Defines, together with the IM & Business teams (for IM/IT, Application Architect & IM Management team), the application architecture for the specific business process domains.
- Drives and leads the planning, coordination and implementation of Information Management (IM) projects to ensure delivery on time, within budget, adhered to defined quality standards and meeting agreed user specifications and expectations. As such:
- Defines projects in terms of project objectives (benefits), project scope, timelines, effort/cost, and resource requirements.
- Manages the delivery of full lifecycle implementation of projects. Conceptual design, detailed design, build/configuration, testing, data design & coach/supervise data preparation by business users, training planning & execution, conversion planning & execution, go-live support.
- Supervises up to 20 FTE on projects. Typically would lead the entire project, or one large “functional workstream” on large business change projects. “Evaluates" these staff or provides inputs for their PMDP evaluation (matrix organization).
- Keeps up to speed with “best-practice” evolution in the respective functional / business process area (business principles, business processes, application solutions).
- Manages the relationship with external vendors/service providers for her/his specific project(s) (SalesForce/ other)
- Brings in continuous improvement in area of expertise.
- Interacts at BC ExCo - 1 level
- Reports to IM Applications manager
- Supervises IM Junior, Senior and Expert Business Analyst
- Supervises on projects external Analysts and Consultants (ACN, Delaware, other)
Education & experience
- Masters degree in Commercial Engineering, Applied Economic Sciences or Information Technology
- > 10 years experience in delivering application-based business change
- Of which 3+ years of experience in Project Management, Business Governance & Leadership
- Proficient in business applications of the Barry Callebaut group (SAP, SalesForce.com, Google, ….)
- For the specific function, experience with managing digital projects in SalesForce is a plus
Our strength comes from the passion and expertise of our people. As we strive to create an environment in which our people can continue to learn and develop their skills on an ongoing basis, it is our goal to encourage entrepreneurship and creativity. Apply for one of our interesting positions today and start a great career in the world of cocoa and chocolate.