This position is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the production equipment and plant facility in a conscientious and reliable manner, consistent with Company standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs preventative and repair maintenance on production equipment, heating and cooling systems, ingredient handling systems, and plumbing systems; also office and plant facilities.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repair.
- Records preventative maintenance tasks and work orders in timely manner.
- Troubleshoots various areas in the plant, including Frozen Department, Dry Mix Department, Tower, Basement, Compressor Room, and Boiler Room through regular inspection and test procedures.
- Maintains safe and efficient use of pneumatics, air compressors, air dryer operation, small tools, grinders, and welding equipment in performance of duties.
- Completes work orders and responds to maintenance calls on the Production Floor in timely manner.
- Inventories spare parts and reports usage; suggests re-orders to Manager.
- Performs basic repairs within office facility on furniture, lighting, paging system, etc.
- Maintains neat and orderly work area; properly maintains tools.
- Installing, maintaining, repairing, and overhauling production equipment.
- Performing sanitary welding on equipment and food processing piping.
- Installing and maintaining electrical equipment/controls, circuits, and PLC.
- Troubleshooting identifying worn parts & rebuilding machine assemblies, pumps, meters, valves, valve actuators and other equipment.
- Start up and operate production machinery and equipment.
- Respond in a timely manner to calls at the production lines.
- Participation in facility maintenance and preventive maintenance programs.
- Safe handling and use of various chemicals with strict adherence to hazardous communication and MSDS requirements.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent and ability to read, speak and write English so as to assimilate, retain, and apply training and knowledge of job functions and recognize and communicate problems and recommended solutions
- Must have 3 or more years of related experience in a fast pace food or manufacturing plant.
- Two years or more Technical School education preferred.
- Strong motor controls and PLC skills.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to train and work on various shifts.
- Knowledge of pneumatic, mechanical & electro - mechanical systems and practical knowledge of plant electrical/mechanical systems.
- Strong working knowledge of automated conveyor systems.
- Ability to analyze electro-mechanical devices, trouble shoot failures and implement repairs.