Barry Callebaut is the heart and engine of the cocoa and chocolate industry. We are looking for a Chef - Technical Advisor Sales Support in India for West Region. Our broad range of products and services span all aspects from cocoa sourcing to fine chocolate products, which are loved by people of all ages worldwide. We are passionate about our business and work hard every day to ensure that there is enough chocolate in the world. Nothing is more important to our success than the combined expertise of more than 9000 Barry Callebaut employees around the world. Our international focus in the fascinating world of cocoa-growing and chocolate are the colorful backdrop for our many functions across a wide range of disciplines. In addition to sharing a passion for chocolate, Barry Callebaut employees live our other corporate values every day - customer focus, entrepreneurship, integrity and team spirit. We are committed to making sure that they have the right skills, know-how and deep understanding of our customers and their needs. Engaging and developing our employees is the key to our success. Because our business focus is so broad, the scope of career opportunities within Barry Callebaut can cover many functional areas.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager West Region, the Chef - Technical Advisor Sales Support is responsible for supporting the Sales Team directly or in-directly increase sales volumes, profitability and brand awareness by taking total ownership of designing effective product and application training as well as customer demonstrations in response to commercial requests within the objectives established by Regional Headquarters and Commercial request.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities: Support Sales Team directly or in-directly increase sales volumes, profitability and brand awareness in each of the different Gourmet sales territories via below key deliverables:
1. Present strong demonstrations and trainings of BC products' quality and functionalities via application in final products
2. Able to take total ownership as a product leader of creating, innovating, implementing and coordinating each training or demonstration session and deliver a successful project outcome within budget and quality targets provided
3. Effectively earn the rational and emotional buy-in from customers via persuasive demonstrations
4. Introduce to customers new and creative idea in new applications to provide more value added services and to earn more loyalty from customers
5. Work hand-in-hand with R&D Team to optimize current product recipe for application purposes to meet customer’s demands
6. Work hand-in-hand with Sales Managers to find out the root cause of functionality complaint and retain customers by resolving complaints with customer satisfaction
7. Be able to travel on a very regular basis;
8. To have Ownership of food safety and quality systems in this position.
Key Capability Requirements (relating to above Key Task and Responsibilities respectively):
- Strong chocolate and compound knowledge and skills and application (making the final products)
- Strong presentation and hands on demonstration skills
- Attractive charisma and persuasive communication and marketing skills with customer oriented mindset
- Good operational experience and project management capabilities
- Personality: highly motivated, team and customer-oriented driven, “make-it-happen”, aggressive sales mindset, strive for excellence, and able to work and plan independently.
- Other Requirements:
Minimum of 3 years on the job training and experience in the hotel, retail bakery or culinary industry.
Fluent in English & Hindi; basic commend in English reading and writing
BA/BS or Culinary Degree with professional pastry qualifications preferred
Our strength comes from the passion and expertise of our people. As we strive to create an environment in which our people can continue to learn and develop their skills on an ongoing basis, it is our goal to encourage entrepreneurship and creativity. Apply for one of our interesting positions today and start a great career in the world of cocoa and chocolate.