For Corbion, we are seeking a who embodies our behaviors of Set Direction, Make the Difference, Focus on Customers and Deliver Through Teamwork. For the successful candidate, these behaviors will be critical to the increased engagement of Corbion employees and essential to fulfilling Corbion's goals!
As our you are a part of Corbion Brazil team to be responsible for different projects. The location will be Campos dos Goytacazes and you report to the Industrial Director .
Your main responsibilities are:
Responsible for the technology and engineering efforts at Corbion Campos in both the lactic acid and the derivatives plant.
The technology side of the role will be working with the Corbion OpCos in the platform organization and the Operations Service Center to spread improvements in technology and implement best practices throughout Corbion worldwide.
The engineering part of this role is to identify, scope and execute capital engineering projects for the Corbion Campos plant. This position is responsible for development and execution of the Corbion Campos vision and strategy.
The most important areas of accountability with a focus on the results that are expected from the job are:
- Generate process and technology ideas and projects to produce saving in the future. Investigate those process and technological changes to improve efficiency of raw material and energy use. Prioritize and coordinate project efforts to best utilize resources.
- Recruit, hire, coach and support Technology/Engineering Teams to develop subordinates skills and techniques. Build capability into the team to provide for business needs and development opportunities for staff.
- Assist subordinates with and maintain accountability for the successful execution of budgeted capital projects. This includes final responsibility, taking the lead in negotiating contracts over $50k and approving any contracts over $20k for the purchase of main equipment or contractor services.
- Produce accurate capital investment estimates and savings/return evaluations. Incorporate various financial scenarios to provide a strong basis for decision making. Develop the stage gate details for projects to control risk, balanced with the upfront cost to minimize losses due to unfavorable projects.
- Implement projects on time and within budget outlined in capital requests. Establish clear schedules and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for each project.
- Manage project closure and capitalization to the support the business’ capital Finance structure.
- Coordinate with Operations and Maintenance to assure training of operators and staff, maintainability, safety, quality and operability as a part of every project.
- Executes QESH standards per defined roles and responsibilities to ensure personal and product safety and
- Implements, executes and promotes food safety of our products through the use of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), performance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), Security Measures, Housekeeping, Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point (HACCP), all quality, regulatory, environmental, safety and health guidelines and regulations. These standards are used in all daily activities to ensure the products safety and quality are in compliance.
- Performing and leading efforts in de-bottlenecking and optimization studies and projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Beyond an educational background in Chemical Engineering or related fields we need you to have:
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience with significant exposure to capital project management and technology projects.
- Solid technical and engineering capabilities in process understanding and capital projects design and management
- Proven results in manufacturing process improvement using Lean Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, Stable Operations or similar programs.
Furthermore you meet the following competences:
- Drive for Results
- Process Management
- Extensive problem solving skills.
- Management and strong leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, team environment.
- Fully Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, MS Project and Auto CAD.
We offer competitive remuneration with for example collective health insurance and a bonus based on company targets. Furthermore in Corbion you can find a:
- Company which empowers people and where your initiatives and ideas make a real impact
- Career at Corbion that offers many chances where you have the advantages of a dynamic, multinational organization
- Informal atmosphere and the culture promotes self-management
- Unique possibility to be trained by our own professionals in the world of biobased products
- Flexible working environment
Corbion (www.corbion.com) is a global leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and lactides, and a leading company in functional blends containing enzymes, emulsifiers, minerals, and vitamins. We deliver biobased products made from renewable resources and applied in global markets like bakery, meat, culinary, pharma, home and personal care, and resins.
Operating worldwide, Corbion is a global company generating an annual sales of € 918 million in 2015 and employs a workforce numbering 1,673 in 20 countries. We work across two distinct segments: Biobased Food Ingredients and Biochemicals.
Quality, product innovation, and customer orientation are important attributes for our client, which is also characterized by being a collegial, informal and result-oriented company culture