Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and a leading company in emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins and algae ingredients. We develop sustainable ingredient solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. We have factories in the Netherlands, Spain, Brazil, Thailand and the United States. Corbion has a worldwide network of sales offices and agents in more than 100 countries. Quality, product innovation, and customer orientation are important attributes for our client, which is also characterized by being a collegial, informal and result-oriented company culture.
This role is business critical. Corbion has become the first to produce Algae Ingredients at scale for the Animal Nutrition space. It has established a leading market position with Algaprime DHA, a whole algal-rich DHA product, in the Salmon industry through the partnership with Biomar, a leading formulator and supplier of feed for the aquaculture industry. The company intends to grow the business outside Salmon and develop business across the wider Animal Nutrition space.
Corbion seeks an experienced individual with broad commercial experience specifically in the animal nutrition feed ingredient markets. Corbion has already launched algae ingredients for use in animal nutrition, and is working to expand commercial offerings into this market. This candidate will generate sales with key accounts and partners, establish commercial relationships across the space, position Corbion’s products in the market place and help define its value proposition, conceptualize and sponsor new product development, and guide the company as it grows and broadens its supply chain in this space. The position will be based out of Europe.
- Develop 3 years strategy that maximizes the value of product opportunities in the specialty feed ingredient market for animal nutrition
- Lead day-to-day management (initially leading a team of 4 employees) of animal nutrition business and responsibility for achieving commercial metrics (e.g., volume, revenue, margin, share)
- Drive product sales to agreed to global revenue targets
- Select market opportunities and develop a clear, compelling, quantified value proposition for each within a comprehensive multi-generation program
- Establish pricing strategy to ensure adequate margin leveraging latest value based pricing techniques
- Be able to lead partner and customer meetings showing industry authority and ability to articulate data-driven value proposition
- Identify, negotiate and execute strategic alliances leveraging existing industry contacts
- Be able to close critical sales opportunities with major industry incumbents
- Manage and grow Corbion’s existing partnerships and business in animal nutrition
- Achieve sales targets in 2018 including long-term agreements with customers
- Build pipeline of products to address Animal Nutrition markets:
- Contribute new product innovation ideas based on current market / IP understanding and customer relationships
- Drive product pipeline development programs from ideation through commercialization using a rigorous discipline of evaluation (markets, competition, product mix) and a selection process that is fact based, transparent, and successfully weighs competing and conflicting demands on our technology platform
- Lead cross-functional commercialization activities
- Work with Product Line Management to develop commercial strategy for each product that leverages full range of alternatives (e.g., partnerships, license of IP, direct and distributor sales)
- Build and mentor cross-functional team leveraging experience in each function including molecular biology, process development, applications development, sales, marketing, regulatory, and manufacturing
- Develop direct, distributor, and partnership sales model appropriately designed for each product application and geographic opportunity
- Build and drive accountability and performance across team including application development lab, field tests, product strategy, demand forecasts, and branding
- Identify and manage key risks to execution of the product roll out strategy
- Cultivate and manage external networks including retained advisors, market and brand consultants, creative agencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science, Animal Nutrition, or similar. Prefer MBA or other relevant advanced degree
- 10+ years of industry specific sales, marketing, and product development with a focus on launching and growing specialty ingredients within the Animal Nutrition market
- Significant experience and achievements in the animal nutrition space, including the use and valuation of specialty algal ingredients.
- Deep and global relationships across the Animal Nutrition markets including specific experience in the value chain assessment, including feed producers, and farmers
- Able to evaluate growth opportunities, recommend strategic solutions and drive comprehensive implementation plans
- Track record of forming and developing strong, diverse teams
- Resilient, hands-on, opportunity-oriented individual, energized by the challenges of fast growth, ambiguous environments and limited resources
- Proven strategic thinker and problem solver, able to concentrate on key initiatives amidst multiple enticing options and set and drive performance against challenging goals
- Excellent leadership competencies and intellectual capacity
- Possess a high level of integrity, curiosity, strong discipline, and a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with attention to detail
- Thinks ahead, minimizing potential problems and is proactive in identifying areas to improve
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and a proven ability to establish positive relations both internal and external
- Ability to travel
HOW TO APPLY: The method for applying for this vacancy is online via the Corbion careers page at www.corbion.com. No other forms of application will be accepted.
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Corbion Human Resources department. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.