The Product Line Manager is responsible for leading the product stewardship efforts of each of the food ingredient product lines. This includes achieving the financial growth and profitability targets of the product line., and managing a robust monthly business process that is integrated with the S&OP process. The manager is responsible to coordinate closely with commercial and R&D functions to ensure the creation of relevant value propositions and supporting materials (sales information, documentation, and demonstration products). This position will work closely with cross functional teams to deliver growth through strategic sales, channel development, global market development and product & pricing optimization. The successful candidate will be able to work cross functionally to ensure a balance between Supply and Demand (in the near and long term), managing product and capacity development, securing capex (as required) and securing project resources to deliver on time on budget resources that create the portfolio and means to supply market ready, high margin products as needed.
The Product Line Manager is accountable to the VP, Business Development and Sales. This is an opportunity to on the front end of re-building a global business from the ground up, delivering customers unique solutions and innovative products that will drive growth and profitability as part of parent Corbion NV’s vision for a plant-based food solutions business..
The successful candidate will have the ability, desire and motivation to integrate his/her skill set into a dynamic organization that includes pioneering metabolic engineering and large-scale manufacturing of microalgae. A result-driven, action-oriented and detailed person who is good at relationship building and persuasion will thrive in this environment.
- Lead product stewardship activities for each of the food ingredient product lines.
- Lead the cross functional Food Ingredients team for the designated product line including all aspects of financial tracking, strategy setting, growth targeting, pricing policy, and resource prioritization and optimization.
- Lead addressable market analysis and competitive analysis of each product line.
- Lead value proposition development and coordinate across functions to develop demonstration products that support each value proposition.
- Accountable for forecast accuracy in the S&OP process, ensuring appropriate capacity planning to meet customer demand forecasts working cross functionally to forecast and plan capex requirements and work closely with operations for quality and cost performance improvement.
- Manage new product development pipeline to meet the strategic growth plans, working cross functionally to structure partnerships that encourage co-development of new innovations.
- Build internal network with other Corbion units to implement best-practices for the product line and to identify where integration within Corbion can occur.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university. Master’s degree highly desired.
- 5+ years of experience managing nutritional products/food ingredients
- Proven ability to determine distinctive value propositions, know individual customers value drivers, identify economic drivers of customer success, work cross functionally to meet the customer’s current and future needs.
- Proven ability to achieve goals through influencing and partnering with vendors, customers, and leadership across the business and contributing to the overall direction and success of the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the capability to informally manage/lead highly matrixed, cross-functional teams.
- Experience in both an applications environment and manufacturing environment is highly valued.
- Strong customer focus with experience in interactions with ingredient manufacturers or consumer goods manufacturing companies preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of common food processes, food ingredient functionality and ingredient interactions.
- Food sciences educational background a plus.
- Must maintain the highest standards of ethics.
- Must maintain the highest standards of data management by creating consistent, reliable data which will ensure accuracy and in turn, maximize the use of data and confidence in decision making.
- Up to 30% travel may be required.
HOW TO APPLY: The method for applying for this vacancy is online via the Corbion careers page at www.corbion.com. No other forms of application will be accepted.
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Corbion Human Resources department. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.