Corbion creates innovative ingredient solutions for the world’s leading food manufacturers, using our expertise to help customers grow, working side-by-side with them to make affordable meat, beverage, bakery, confectionery and dairy products that capture peoples’ palates and earn their trust. With a focus on renewable resources and advanced fermentation and biological processes, we deliver sustainable answers to global food industry challenges.
As Principal Scientist - Food Microbiology at Corbion, you will play a strategically important, customer-facing role, using your expertise in applied microbiology science and years of manufacturing experience to help create and apply innovative solutions that grow the company’s food, meat and poultry business. You’ll be part of a global team of scientists and technologists working together in a dynamic culture unlike any other. At Corbion, company leadership is accessible and collaborative, every day is different than the next, diverse career paths are possible, your voice counts and your work is what matters most. In short, Corbion is a place where insightful, creative and results-driven people can make a meaningful impact in the food industry and in everyday lives.
MISSION AND KEY ROLE FOCUS
- Serve as an essential resource for applied microbiology expertise for members of the Corbion Sales team, customers and internal innovation teams.
- Work side-by-side with customers to solve their food safety and shelf life challenges.
- Serve as subject matter expert for customers and Sales in regard to the use of Corbion ingredients, application guidelines, formulations, production methods, troubleshooting, etc.
- Serve as a consultant to customers in the development of protocols for challenge studies; engage other subject matter experts to ensure scientific rigor and compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Keep internal (colleagues’) meat technology and ingredient knowledge up-to-date by conducting training sessions, and coaching project teams and individuals.
- Represent Corbion’s meat solutions technical expertise in external forums for industry associations, academia and customers.
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- 4-year degree in food science, meat science or microbiology; an advanced degree is preferred.
- 10 years+ of related industrial experience, preferred; an advanced degree can substitute for experience.
- Extensive microbiology modeling experience is required.
- Ability to communicate clearly with a variety of people/audiences having different levels of expertise and technical knowledge; ability to present technical information at the appropriate level of sophistication to customers, technical conferences and upper management.
- Up-to-date, working knowledge of meat manufacturing processes, food safety microbiology and industry best practices.
- Substantive network within the meat and food ingredient industry, academia and associations.
- Travel as needed.
HOW TO APPLY:
The method for applying for this vacancy is online via the Corbion careers page at www.corbion.com. No other forms of application will be accepted.
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Corbion Human Resources department. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.