Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and a leading company in emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins and algae ingredients. We develop sustainable ingredient solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. We have factories in the Netherlands, Spain, Brazil, Thailand and the United States. Corbion has a worldwide network of sales offices and agents in more than 100 countries. Quality, product innovation, and customer orientation are important attributes for our client, which is also characterized by being a collegial, informal and result-oriented company culture.
Oversees the staff and operations to support effective equipment and system maintenance and operations.
- Maintains and applies working knowledge of the function, maintenance, and repair of motors, pumps, centrifuges, conveyors, electrical components, valves and utilities systems and related equipment
- Coordinates, schedules, supervises and supports maintenance activities of maintenance and operations personnel to support production operations
- Develops, implements and maintains the automated Maintenance Management System (AMMS) for the timely scheduling, performing and recording of preventative and corrective maintenance on plant equipment; provides program monitoring and oversight to ensure equipment reliability and proper functioning.
- Oversees the purchase and maintaining of the inventory of maintenance supplies and replacement parts including critical spare part
- Maintains maintenance hard copy and electronic record keeping and data management; oversees and participates in data entry, including parts inventory tracking; recommends and implements data management system improvements and performs local system administration functions; evaluates record keeping functions of staff and recommends improvement
- Develops and procures required maintenance shop tools, equipment and consumables; utilizes data management system to obtain and document approvals for purchase
- Coordinates with supervisors and managers to plan and execute effective shutdowns and outage
- Interacts with technicians, supervisors, and managers concerning maintenance and electrical issues; ensures that the operations department has adequate resources and support from maintenance team to implement sanitation protocol
- Develops and implements an ongoing maintenance training program; assesses staff professional development needs and provides training opportunities to support staff professional development
- Completes miscellaneous tasks or initiatives as assigned by the Plant Manager; provides support to special projects by allocating and directing the work of maintenance support staff; communicates and collaborates with process and project engineers, and shift and laboratory supervisors on projects
- Exhibits strong leadership and commitment to the plant’s Safety culture; monitors operations and personnel activities to identify, correct and prevent potential safety hazards and improve safety effort
- Hires, trains and evaluates assigned staff to support the operations of the department; takes corrective and disciplinary action on performance deficiencies and conduct violations including employment termination.
- Bachelor of Science degree in chemical or mechanical engineering or related field preferred; college-level
- Four (4) years demonstrated experience leading shifts in manufacturing and/or maintenance required.
HOW TO APPLY:
The method for applying for this vacancy is online via the Corbion careers page at www.corbion.com. No other forms of application will be accepted.
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Corbion Human Resources department. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.