Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and a leading company in emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins and algae ingredients. We develop sustainable ingredient solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. We have factories in the Netherlands, Spain, Brazil, Thailand and the United States. Corbion has a worldwide network of sales offices and agents in more than 100 countries. Quality, product innovation, and customer orientation are important attributes for our client, which is also characterized by being a collegial, informal and result-oriented company culture.
Position is responsible for identifying opportunities for improvement, design and install projects. Develop business processes and efficient work flows as it relates to the support and maintenance of our manufacturing facility. Additionally, improves plant efficiencies, identifies cost savings, safety, quality, and expands capacity for new or existing products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze, design and implement productivity improvements supported by thorough data analysis. Improve safety, quality, cost and efficiency.
- Develop and document Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), process flow diagrams and Job Safety Analysis (JSA) inputs.
- Lead the engineering of capital projects.
- Support quality control objectives for desired First Time Right (FTR). Ensure equipment, materials, and parts meet specification and quality standards.
- Apply lean manufacturing principles and methods to develop material handling processes for the movement of material and workplace layout to achieve optimum efficiency.
- Time studies and methods to establish highest quality and performance.
- Performs additional tasks as required to accomplish goals.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent and minimum five (5) years relevant experience in manufacturing environment, PLC familiarity preferred.
- Advanced skills with MS Office (Excel & Word) are essential. Auto cad skills preferred. Working knowledge of Ethernet network communications and related hardware setup plus Windows operating system and PC hardware preferred.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and team building skills. Works well with all departments.
- Must be available outside normal business hours for support of project work.
HOW TO APPLY:
The method for applying for this vacancy is online via the Corbion careers page at www.corbion.com. No other forms of application will be accepted.
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Corbion Human Resources department. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.