Oversees the setup, operations and staff within designated production area.
- Assists in the setup of fermentation and downstream operations and systems for documentation, safety and quality.
- Oversees and participates in fermentation manufacturing and downstream processing activities; coordinates, supervises and supports activities of technicians and general labor contractors to meet production priorities; supports Process Engineering, Process Development, Maintenance Department, and Quality Department requests in support of production priorities, testing, process troubleshooting; monitors shift activities and adjusts staff and resource allocation to support production priorities and objectives; provides general oversight of operations of utilities systems for night and weekend shift.
- Evaluates fermentation and downstream operating strategies and process-control strategies and provides recommendations to process engineers; performs ongoing review of data, records and trends to formulate and present recommendations for changes in operating practices; maintains familiarity with fermentation and downstream processes in order to support and make recommendations for improvements.
- Collaborates and works closely with Microbiology, Fermentation, Downstream Processing, Maintenance and Quality teams to troubleshoot and optimize production processes
- Maintains and applies strong working knowledge of utilities systems to support the manufacturing environment.
- Submits work orders for corrective repairs to systems and equipment throughout the facility.
- Prepares permits and oversees the lock-out/tag-out processes for contract and maintenance work and work performed by process technicians.
- Observes production area work practices to ensure support of sanitation program, good manufacturing practices (GMP) and adherence with standard operating protocols.
- Develops and implements an ongoing staff training program; assesses staff professional development needs and provides training opportunities to support staff professional development.
- Provides back-up coverage for peers and for assigned staff.
- Exhibits strong leadership and commitment to the plant’s Safety culture; monitors operations and personnel activities to identify, correct and prevent potential safety hazards and improve safety efforts; provides leadership and direction for Job Safety Analysis and Job Hazard Analysis programs and activities; acts as on-scene commander in the event of incidents.
- Participates in the hiring and evaluation of assigned staff to support the operations of the department; takes corrective and disciplinary action on performance deficiencies and conduct violations including recommendation regarding employment termination.
- Bachelor of Science degree in chemical or mechanical engineering or related field preferred but not required.
- Four (4) years demonstrated experience leading shifts in manufacturing and/or maintenance required.
At Corbion, we look for employees who can:
SET CLEAR DIRECTION: Explain clearly where we are heading, why and how we will get there
MAKE THE DIFFERENCE: Deliver results and quality while managing change
FOCUS ON CUSTOMERS: Consistently meet the expectations of internal and external customers
DELIVER THROUGH TEAMWORK: Engage, motivate, challenge and support employees and teams
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid and lactic acid derivatives, and a leading company in emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals and vitamins. We develop sustainable solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and generations to come. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and bioplastics. We have factories in the Netherlands, Spain, Brazil, Thailand and the United States. Corbion has a worldwide network of sales offices and agents in more than 100 countries. Quality, product innovation, and customer orientation are important attributes for our client, which is also characterized by being a collegial, informal and result-oriented company culture. Want to know more about what it's like to work at Corbion? Look at: http://www.corbion.com/about-corbion/corbion-stories
How to apply
Interested to join us? Please click on the button below, apply online and tell us who you are by attaching your CV and cover letter
For more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org