Corbion is seeking a Formulator and Process Engineer
who embodies our behaviors of Set Clear Direction, Make the Difference, Focus on Customers and Deliver Through Teamwork
Key Position Responsibilities
As our Formulation and Process Engineer, you will implement new products from creation to commercialization. You will guide newly created products, in their development all the way through to plant implementation.
As the Formulator and Process Engineer, the main responsibilities are:
- Explore, develop and implement processes and products, matching with marketing requirements. These products are predominantly food products in powder form.
- Participate in product implementation project teams as Technical Lead, whereby the Transfer of Technology from lab to plant is one of the key capabilities.
- Build & maintain a broad development and implementation expertise in multiple specialties by an internal / external network; collect, generate, apply and make available knowledge in relevant field(s) of expertise.
- Support implementation, optimization, cost reduction and migration of new or existing processes and products at Corbion's locations or at tolling third parties. Prepare production runs. Give support to factory scale trials and validation of product manufacturing.
- Lead troubleshooting and corrective actions in case of production issues and customer complaints. Translate problems back to lab-scale trials and knowledge base.
- Technical qualification of toll manufacturers and process confirmation for all outsourced products.
- Reviewing our current production processes and recommending improvements to equipment design and operating procedures to increase product quality and batch-to-batch consistency.
- Support intellectual property, regulatory affairs, marketing and sales with relevant expertise.
- Coaching and talent development of specialists, scientists, technicians and/or trainees.
In addition to your educational achievements of a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering, the successful candidate must also have:
- Minimum Three to Five years' work experience in a relevant role.
- Education in chemistry, engineering, food science or equivalent
- Expertise on food production and process development as well as ingredient functions in dry powder blending, various emulsions/homogenization and adsorption/plating of powders.
- Knowledge in development and/or manufacturing of powder food products
- English fluency with excellent communication skills and intercultural sensitivity
- Team Player
- Travel 10/20%
- Drive for results
- Intellectual power
- Entrepreneurial initiative
- Integrity and self confidence
- Creativity and conceptual thinking
- Customer oriented
Our Offer We offer competitive remuneration and benefits. Furthermore, at Corbion you will experience a:
- Company which empowers people and where your initiatives, and ideas make a real difference
- International and truly diverse organization
- Unique possibility to be trained by our internal expertise in the world of bio based products. We invest in relevant training courses related to your particular discipline
- Friendly, informal and supportive culture
In addition, we actively embrace diversity in how we work together and contribute toward our shared objectives and values. By joining Corbion, you will become an employee in a company where you can feel pride in your achievements and develop your career with global prospects
You will be located at our Totowa, NJ plant, whereby frequent assistance shall be given to projects running in our North-American plants, based on your expertise and capabilities.
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid and lactic acid derivatives, and a leading company in emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals and vitamins. We develop sustainable solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and generations to come. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and bioplastics. We have factories in the Netherlands, Spain, Brazil, Thailand and the United States. Corbion has a worldwide network of sales offices and agents in more than 100 countries. Quality, product innovation, and customer orientation are important attributes for our client, which is also characterized by being a collegial, informal and result-oriented company culture. Want to know more about what it's like to work at Corbion? Look at: http://www.corbion.com/about-corbion/corbion-stories
Additional Information/How to Apply
For more information, please contact Recruitment via firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested? Apply here online by attaching your CV and Cover letter
Only US residents will be considered
We will not respond to recruitment agency contact