For Corbion, we are seeking a Project Engineer
who embodies our behaviors of Set Direction, Make the Difference, Focus on Customers and Deliver Through Teamwork. For the successful candidate, these behaviors will be critical to the increased engagement of Corbion employees and essential to fulfilling Corbion's goals!
As our Project Engineer you are a part of Corbion Brazil team to be responsible for different projects. The location will be Orindiuva, SP and you’ll report to Eneida de Lucca, Project Manager.
Your main responsibilities are:
Project Development and Implementation
- Understand the Business and the Internal Clients needs: together with the process team, develop the technical scope of the project.
- Perform the quotations and define the project budget.
- Elaborate the documents to allow the project approval.
- Lead the projects in each phase: from conceptual design to execution steps.
- Work in a cooperative way with other colleagues and departments.
- Promote the integration with the several stakeholders, providing updates of the project progress.
- Conduct meetings, elaborate the minutes of meeting and perform follow ups.
- Working together with the Project Manager and the EHS area, develop the Construction Safety Standards.
- Monitor the project development and implementation, ensuring that the original scope is being evaluated.
- Perform the cost control of the projects under your responsibility and support the Project Manager to track the purchase requisitions/orders related to the project portfolio- CAPEX.
- Make sure the project acquisitions are going to be delivered on time and develop the risk plan.
- Apply Quality good practices and EHS Procedures/Safety Rules to all the projects.
Beyond an educational background in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or related fields we need you to have:
- Project management experience.
- Experience in chemical companies, developing engineering projects.
- Process safety concepts applied to project design.
- Project planning.
Furthermore, you meet the following competences:
- Good command of English (verbal and writing)
- Proven knowledge/experience regarding Project/Process Design and Management.
- A Project Engineer should have the following skill sets: communication, presentation, coordination, active listening, critical thinking, reading comprehension, writing, monitoring, service/client orientation, time management, organizational, interpersonal, judgment and decision making, active learning, diplomacy, mentoring, leadership and team building, negotiation, change management, project management, conflict management, multi-tasking, political sensitivity, salesmanship, and persuasion and influencing
We offer competitive remuneration with for example collective health insurance and a bonus based on company targets. Furthermore in Corbion you can find a:
- Company which empowers people and where your initiatives and ideas make a real impact
- Career at Corbion that offers many chances where you have the advantages of a dynamic, multinational organization
- Informal atmosphere and the culture promotes self-management
- Unique possibility to be trained by our own professionals in the world of biobased products
- Flexible working environment
Corbion (www.corbion.com) is a global leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and lactides, and a leading company in functional blends containing enzymes, emulsifiers, minerals, and vitamins. We deliver biobased products made from renewable resources and applied in global markets like bakery, meat, culinary, pharma, home and personal care, and resins.
Operating worldwide, Corbion is a global company generating an annual sales of € 918 million in 2015 and employs a workforce numbering 1,673 in 20 countries. We work across two distinct segments: Biobased Food Ingredients and Biochemicals.
Quality, product innovation, and customer orientation are important attributes for our client, which is also characterized by being a collegial, informal and result-oriented company culture