Operations Excellence Manager
Corbion is seeking a creative, highly motivated and experienced individual who will identify, align and execute site improvement activities in order to create value for the company. Drives and increases the maturity of the Totowa Site towards sustainable operations via Operation Excellence, TRACC, etc. Develops people with respect to continuous improvement, Operational Excellence and Lean Six Sigma by means of training, coaching and mentoring.
- Oversees and directs the Site’s Continuous Improvement (CI) and Operational Excellence journey with respect to people, practices and performance.
- Monitors and reports on best practice implementation and performance progress to the Site Management Team.
- Aligns, coaches and facilitates the Totowa Site Training, Lean/6 Sigma, Process/Project Engineering, Maintenance and Totowa AVT process resources.
- Leads area/operational diagnostics to identify value and/or eliminate process variability.
- Maximize operational performance by proactively identifying areas for improvement, leading lean initiatives and projects, utilizing lean tools and techniques, analyzing and reporting key metrics, communicating continuous improvement activities and training team members to accomplish the same.
- Leads CI project alignment such that objectives and milestones are met, within agreed budget and timing.
- Give and receive timely, honest, data-driven feedback on site (and across Corbion as necessary) to influence tangible savings and drive cultural change.
- Manages and reports on the Totowa site portfolio of CI projects in collaboration with site finance.
- Champions CI with all functional groups within the plant without direct hierarchical authority, needs to engage and drive by means of strong communication and presentation, convincing messaging and credible influence management.
- The CI Implementation Practices / TRACC requires careful assessment and judgment of applicability, required depth of implementation and choice of what to use. This position has a large influence / responsibility to make the right choices to prevent waste of time and resources and generate maximum benefit. Will be expected to champion and provide solid support for the local responsible TRACC rollout Project Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- Engineering Bachelor’s degree required.
- 8+ years of manufacturing experience with Food, Nutritional or Bakery industry experience preferred.
- Excellent project management skills and experience – Gold Seal in PMP a plus
- Strong team player and leadership with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines. The successful candidate must be equally adept at both the direct and indirect leading of people/teams as well as influencing key stakeholders.
- Passion for world class operations and best practices with a strong understanding of Operational Excellence.
- Lean Six Sigma certification a plus.
- Must be a proven developer of people and teams.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; strong ability to lead and manage others through change.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization. Ability to switch between ‘Helicopter View” with site management and ‘hands on’ at the floor level.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite as well as Project Management tools - MS Project, Primavera, etc.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Skilled in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail.
At Corbion, we look for employees who can:
SET CLEAR DIRECTION: Explain clearly where we are heading, why and how we will get there
MAKE THE DIFFERENCE: Deliver results and quality while managing change
FOCUS ON CUSTOMERS: Consistently meet the expectations of internal and external customers
DELIVER THROUGH TEAMWORK: Engage, motivate, challenge and support employees and teams
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid and lactic acid derivatives, and a leading company in emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals and vitamins. We develop sustainable solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and generations to come. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and bioplastics. We have factories in the Netherlands, Spain, Brazil, Thailand and the United States. Corbion has a worldwide network of sales offices and agents in more than 100 countries. Quality, product innovation, and customer orientation are important attributes for our client, which is also characterized by being a collegial, informal and result-oriented company culture. Want to know more about what it's like to work at Corbion? Look at: http://www.corbion.com/about-corbion/corbion-stories
HOW TO APPLY:
The method for applying for this vacancy is online via the Corbion’s home page at www.corbion.com/careers. No other forms of application will be accepted.
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the local Corbion Human Resources department. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.