Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and a leading company in emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins and algae ingredients. We develop sustainable ingredient solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. We have factories in the Netherlands, Spain, Brazil, Thailand and the United States. Corbion has a worldwide network of sales offices and agents in more than 100 countries. Quality, product innovation, and customer orientation are important attributes for our client, which is also characterized by being a collegial, informal and result-oriented company culture.
The Customer Service Manager is a key leader within the Sales Support team. The ideal candidates will inspire and advocate for world class customer service levels and a highly engaged workforce. You will mentor, lead and manage a Customer Service team, of approximately 20-25 customer service professionals, whose responsibility will be to provide high level service to internal and external customers throughout the entire order fulfillment cycle and other functions within the greater Corbion team. Additionally, you will lead by example and be responsible for obtaining, creating, implementing, and adhering to all processes and procedures that are created and/or outlined within the department and the company.
- Develop and implement customer service policies and procedures
- Define and communicate customer service standards
- Review and assess customer service contracts
- Oversee the achievement and maintenance of agreed customer service levels and standards
- Direct the daily operations of the customer service team
- Plan, prioritize and delegate work tasks to ensure proper functioning of the department
- Ensure the necessary resources and tools are available for quality customer service delivery
- Review and track customer complaints and resolutions
- Handle complex and escalated customer service issues
- Monitor accuracy of reporting and data base information
- Analyze relevant data to determine customer service outputs
- Identify and implement strategies to improve quality of service, productivity and profitability
- Liaise with company management to support and implement growth strategies
- Co-ordinate and manage key customer service projects and initiatives
- Ensure budget requirements are met
- Evaluate and performance manage staff
- Identify and address staff training and coaching needs
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Sales Support
- Bachelor’s degree in business or relevant and/or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience with a Customer Service and/or Supply Chain oriented organization with demonstrated leadership experience and success in managing multiple individuals with all assigned tasks and daily responsibilities.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in B2B Customer Service within a manufacturing or production related business/industry.
- Knowledge of an AS400 based ERP system, SAP, and/or CRM software a plus – project management, kaizen principles, and query writing or a base understanding of system driven reports would be preferred.
- Ability to drive change management particularly as it pertains to harmonization of systems, processes, and culture while executing upon a strategic vision.
- Proven track record of leading and developing a team while increasing efficiencies and overall effectiveness of processes with the end goal of exceeding our customers' expectations.
- Ability to coordinate and prepare reports and materials to be presented to Senior Management and other functional groups as needed.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills required with excellent phone étiquette.
- Work cross functionally with other team member share customer needs, interests and requirements to better serve the customers' needs.
- Must be able to apply practical reasoning and display sound, well-rounded decision making skills.
- Must have excellent prioritization, time management and problem solving skills, while working in a fast paced environment.
- Strong MS Office experience
- Occasional travel required.
HOW TO APPLY:
The method for applying for this vacancy is online via the Corbion careers page at www.corbion.com. No other forms of application will be accepted.
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Corbion Human Resources department. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.