Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and a leading company in emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins and algae ingredients. We develop sustainable ingredient solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. We have factories in the Netherlands, Spain, Brazil, Thailand and the United States. Corbion has a worldwide network of sales offices and agents in more than 100 countries. Quality, product innovation, and customer orientation are important attributes for our client, which is also characterized by being a collegial, informal and result-oriented company culture.
We are currently seeking a Plant Manager to provide leadership and execution of the safe and reliable operation of our Peoria plant. The successful candidate for this position will possess a very hands on, strategic approach to all business activities to provide a positive impact to the company.
- Oversee daily operations and review performance of subordinates; Set yearly goals and objectives, based on corporate goals, for each direct report and continuously measure performance against those goals.
- Provide leadership and vision to Peoria Management Team and employees to accomplish their task of maximizing throughput, improving quality and customer service, and reducing operating costs.
- Create a team environment among peers and team members. Promote employee morale and motivate through positive communications and proactive problem solving to ensure an efficient, stable and friendly work environment.
- Comply with, understand, and enforce all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory agencies and mandates. Uphold HACCP, OSHA, FDA, GMP and plant safety guidelines.
- Enforce all federal, state, environmental, and company safety regulations, and ensure training of employees is adequate in order to comply with those standards.
- Execute Standard Operational Procedures (SOP) in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), FDA guidelines and best practices for each departmental task. Observes workers to ensure compliance.
- Facilitate execution of shift productivity, quality and safety against set goals. Understand yield and quality requirements and make decisions to improve and protect those requirements.
- Facilitate CMO opportunities at Peoria facility and provide appropriate information as far as run rates, process information, cost models associated with each process
- Work with CMO management to schedule upcoming campaigns, as well as setup timely payments through finance department
- Participate in bi-weekly S&OP meetings and forecast feeds into Peoria budget
- Provide end of month RM inventory, chemical inventory, and production update spreadsheet to finance
- Ensure facility complies with sanitation and allergen program as well as additional housekeeping rules set forth by the company.
- Compile required reports regarding regular inspections, safety & GMP violations, operating efficiencies, capacity and actions taken to resolve identified deficiencies.
- Review financial statements, production and operating reports, and other performance data
- Evaluates existing processes and procedures and suggest improvements. Support development and enhancements to production methods.
- Work with other departments to achieve company goals and objectives and ensure service level agreements are being met.
- Effectively communicate all relevant production information to the appropriate department and staff members.
- Responsible for executing and completing all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field along with a minimum of 5 years Plant Operations Management experience, and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Deep knowledge and experience with fermentation and downstream processing is strongly preferred.
- Oil, Food Production/Manufacturing management background and experience with established manufacturing production standards such as Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, Lean, etc., with an understanding of how to lead and develop High Performance Teams, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Shall have experience and knowledge in dealing and working with: FDA, GMP’s, OSHA, etc.
- Must be a high energy and responsive self-starter with the ability to work independently upon instruction.
- Must possess strong communication and writing skills and enjoy working in a fast paced, team oriented environment.
- Experience in Oracle and Microsoft Office is preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel 15-20% of the time
- Based in or willing to relocate to Peoria, IL
HOW TO APPLY:
The method for applying for this vacancy is online via the Corbion’s home page at www.corbion.com/careers. No other forms of application will be accepted.
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the local Corbion Human Resources department. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.