Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and a leading company in emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins and algae ingredients. We develop sustainable ingredient solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. We have factories in the Netherlands, Spain, Brazil, Thailand and the United States. Corbion has a worldwide network of sales offices and agents in more than 100 countries. Quality, product innovation, and customer orientation are important attributes for our client, which is also characterized by being a collegial, informal and result-oriented company culture.
The Transportation Planner is the key "link" between our customer service organization and the warehouse/operations. In addition to managing transportation, you will also own inventory allocation and order processing to outside warehouses. You will manage inventory at outside warehouse, file freight claims and resolve transportation invoicing issues. The ideal candidate must be able to function in a fast paced team environment. You will also have attention to detail, be process-oriented with strong financial/business analysis skills and be an effective communicator across all levels of the organization.
- Plan the transportation solution to fulfill customer orders using a Transportation Management System (TMS). Once the transportation is planned and executed in the TMS then complete the process in the host ERP to release the order to the warehouse.
- Work with Procurement on appropriate mode of transportation for their inbound needs and route the purchase orders from the vendors to our facilities on our carriers utilizing the TMS or other systems.
- Utilize the TMS system to monitor shipments to consolidate and combine LTL orders into truckload shipments, if more economical, and still meet all customer requested dates. Work with the Customer Service to recommend consolidation options and get their feedback regarding possible changes to promise dates. Monitor the warehouses weekly shipping schedule to attempt to ship truckload shipments out on days that will help balance the warehouse operations yet meet customer requirements. Get multiple rate quotes on expedited shipments to ensure most economical carrier is utilized, which meets the service requirements needed.
- Utilize the TMS system to evaluate the most economical moves, i.e. Parcel vs. LTL, LTL vs. TL, etc., and route orders accordingly. Provide rates quotes to Sales and rates to Customer Service on prepay and add orders as required.
- Trace shipments for Customer Service.
- Apply product knowledge and company procedure to ensure that our products are transported under conditions that maintain our products integrity, in regards to: food grade equipment, refrigeration, protect from freezing, kosher requirements, blocking and bracing, etc.
- Research complaints received and provide corrective action and/or preventive actions on them. Initiate corrective action for carriers for late and damaged shipments, filing carrier complaints as required. Work with Customer Service, Quality Assurance and other areas to get details on damaged shipments then process and file freight claims with carriers.
- Apply knowledge pertaining to current regulations, to maintain compliance regarding weight restrictions, hazardous material shipping and handling, etc. which might affect our operations, costs, and liability.
- Work with the warehouses to confirm correct carriers are printing on the bill of ladings, and that carriers are making delivery and pick up appointments. Utilizing company procedures and carrier agreements determine what action is appropriate to correct carrier service or equipment failures.
- Audit and approve freight invoices returned by our Accounts Payable Department. Work with carriers if there are billing problems on these invoices, and provide them backup as needed.
- Partner with Supply Planning and outside warehouse partners to manage proper inventory levels.
- Provide backup for international shipments and documentation as needed.
- Bachelor's degree is desired but not required with adequate experience.
- 2+ years of experience in the transportation and/or distribution industry is preferred, with emphasis on freight rates, D.O.T. Regulations, and freight claims filing knowledge. Experience in International shipments and a customer service environment is helpful.
- Competent using Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Proficient knowledge/experience of order life cycle management (order thru delivery)
- Must have excellent communication skills and be highly organized
- Knowledge of common concepts, practices, and procedures within transportation industry
- Must be able to multi-task and perform cross-functional duties successfully
- Must be an effective problem solver.
- Experience in international shipments and documentation a plus.
- Experience in a manufacturing/warehousing/customer service environment is helpful.
- Ideal candidate has knowledge of common concepts, practices, and procedures within the supply chain field including logistics and transportation, or has the desire to learn.
- Experience using a Transportation Management System (TMS), especially the Lean/BluJay system is desired.
- Experience with liquid bulk shipments helpful.
- Experience with Intra-Canada shipments and carriers a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
The method for applying for this vacancy is online via the Corbion careers page at www.corbion.com. No other forms of application will be accepted.
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Corbion Human Resources department. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.