Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and a leading company in emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins and algae ingredients. We develop sustainable ingredient solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. We have factories in the Netherlands, Spain, Brazil, Thailand and the United States. Corbion has a worldwide network of sales offices and agents in more than 100 countries. Quality, product innovation, and customer orientation are important attributes for our client, which is also characterized by being a collegial, informal and result-oriented company culture.
Perform corrective and preventative maintenance as directed to maximize equipment up time and minimize equipment downtime. Respond to requests for maintenance. Troubleshoot and correct equipment problems. Inform maintenance Team Leader when additional resources are required. Complete daily inspections in accordance with company policy. Unsecure and secure the plant as needed. Complete all paperwork required on a daily basis. Performs additional tasks as required to accomplish goals.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Uses shop computer to access CMMS system, report work, enter critical asset information.
- Ability to understand asset hierarchy and CMMS navigation.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- High School Diploma, Technical school certificate or Equivalent
- Minimum 4 years years’ experience as Maintenance Mechanic in an Industrial environment
- Must be able to troubleshooting, use hand tools, experience with welders, torches, meters, various hand and power tools, drill press, hand truck, forklift, blueprint and schematic reading, basic shop math, and basic understanding of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Must be able to work 2nd or 3rd shift including overtime and some weekends
- Should have experience in a GMP/food environment
- Must be familiar with Lock Out Tag Out
- Should have strong electrical troubleshooting experience
- Proficient with computers, e-mail, and maintenance management systems.
Climbing, Balancing, Stooping, Crouching, Crawling, Standing, Walking, Pulling, Pushing, Lifting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, Grasping, Talking, Listening, and Repetitive Motions.
The worker is subject to both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions. The worker is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. The worker is subject to vibration: Exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities or the whole body. The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat, extreme cold or exposure to chemicals. The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
HOW TO APPLY:
The method for applying for this vacancy is online via the Corbion careers page at www.corbion.com.
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Corbion Human Resources department. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.