DuPont Nutrition & Health (N&H) is an industry leader that offers a wide range of sustainable, bio-based ingredients which combined with in depth knowledge of food and nutrition along with current research and expert science delivers unmatched value to the food, beverage, dietary supplement and pharmaceutical industries.
N&H is part of DowDuPont, a globally listed company, which came to life following the merger of Dow Chemical and DuPont in 2017. DowDuPont has a turnover of approximately $62 billion, employs around 98,000 FTEs and is headquartered in Wilmington, USA.
The Cork Facility has become a leading edge continuous process operation which produces various grades of cellulose product. With brands like Avicel and AcDiSol, these products are used as a binder, compression and disintegration aid for pharmaceutical tablets and a suspension aid in pharmaceutical liquids, creams and food products.
- Provision of production support to plant equipment, processes and production personnel in areas of responsibility
- Setting and introduction of appropriate process control standards and ongoing monitoring of the operation of the process control operation
- Troubleshooting process problems and development and introduction of appropriate solutions for their long-term prevention
- Development of process improvements or upgrades and establishment of such improvements in process plant
- Optimisation of the process and process equipment for most economic production of quality product
- Leading and implementation of site programs such as Cost Improvement, Debottlenecking, Quality Service & Reliability and Process Safety in process areas of responsibility
- Addressing identified Safety, Health and Environmental issues in areas of responsibility including upgrading of equipment, procedures, standards, etc. to comply with or address new and/or revised legislation, standards or identified risks.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of chemical or pharmaceutical plant processes, process improvement techniques and chemical equipment. Min 3+ years of work experience
- Demonstrated excellent team working ability
- Analytical problem-solving ability
- Excellent PC skills
- Good influencer / relationship builder
- Desire for career progression