We are looking for a SCIENTIST to join our Technology & Innovation Cellulosics team based in Brabrand, Denmark.
The Cellulosics portfolio combines 2 industry leading product lines in microcrystalline cellulose and functional cellulose through recent company integrations.
You can be part of this exciting project to build up world leading R&D competency at the cutting edge of food ingredient research delivering commercially successful technology.
DuPont’s N&H business is an industry leader offering a wide range of sustainable, bio-based ingredients, combined with expert science and in-depth knowledge of food and nutrition that delivers unmatched value to the food, beverage, dietary supplement & pharma industries.
Within DuPont’s N&H business, the Systems and Texturants (S&T) Business Unit combines renewable raw materials to create value added food ingredient systems that food manufacturers use to create safe, nutritious and healthy products.
Supporting the S&T Business Unit the Technology and Innovation (T&I) team runs new product development projects to develop new to market food ingredients including Cellulosic based products.
The T&I mission is to increase value creation of our innovation investments by fostering scientific excellence, collaboration and organizational vitality.
Your primary duties will be:
- Be a recognized safety leader within the Cellulosics team and on the Brabrand site
- Establish a lab for the Cellulosics T&I team
- Contribute to scientific excellence in the Cellulosics T&I team
- Ability to influence and gain support for ideas
- Drive the development of novel cellulose based food ingredients with enhanced suspending, stabilising and texturizing properties.
We are keen to hear from people with any of the following Qualifications
- Strong awareness of safety
- Desire to support N&H’s initiatives on sustainability, diversity and inclusion.
- Degree (or equivalent degree) or MSc (or equivalent degree) in chemistry, food science or other relevant degree.
- Experience in working with food ingredients or other natural hydrocolloids preferably cellulose based.
- At least 5 years successful experience in a Food ingredient development role, the successful candidate will thrive in a highly collaborative work environment.
- Creative approach to innovation and new product development
- Maintains confidentiality according to guidelines, identifies areas that need improvement to protect IP and takes steps to ensure compliance
- Ability to interpret customer needs and deliver technical solutions against these requirements.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with good business acumen and a strong sense for value creation
- Effective communication skills including good personal presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English is essential
- Willingness to travel occasionally
The position is permanent.