DuPont Nutrition & Health is a USD 4.7 billion global business and one of the world’s largest producers of specialty food ingredients, developing and manufacturing solutions for the global food & beverage, nutrition and pharma market. With more than 8,500 employees, 50+ manufacturing sites and 20+ R&D centres across the world, N&H is on a mission to make food safer, more sustainable, better tasting and more nutritious.
N&H is part of DowDuPont, a globally listed company, which came to life following the merger of Dow Chemical and DuPont in 2017. DowDuPont has a turnover of approximately $62 billion, employs around 98,000 FTEs and is headquartered in Wilmington, USA.
You will be an integral member of the Global Dietary Supplements (DS), Microbiome, HMO & Pharmaceutical Excipients (Pharma) Communications team which has been formed to support the strong strategic business growth objectives in this area. As part of the wider Global Communications team, the Global Communications Specialist, will provide strong strategic support to the EMEA Regional Communications team and Global stakeholder holder community, assisting in defining and executing a strategic communications plan for this business area.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- As part of the Global DS & Pharma team we act as one of the driving forces to build integrated communications plans across industry or platform - addressing all relevant internal and external audiences to help drive business objectives (regional or global industry teams, coordinating support as necessary from Sales, Marketing, Global Product Managers, Applications, Global Communications et cetera), to add value by defining, driving, collaborating and orchestrating an integrated plan and continuously identifying areas of development and learning for future growth
- Play key role as representing the Global & DS Communications team ensuring close alignment with the regional communications, marketing, industry, BU, sales teams and other functions as appropriate
- Is responsible for directly or indirectly for strategic and some tactical communication plans – with responsibility of certain defined industries/platforms
- Support the global and BU Profit Objective
- Ensure correct implementation of all brand and design guidelines
- Develop required elements of the communications mix (videos, collateral, e-publications, direct mails, advertising, PR etc) ensuring integrated execution across the different channels across defined areas of industries/platforms
- Support regional exhibitions and events including Thought Leadership in conjunction with relevant regional teams
- Collaborates to drive targeted, relevant, and timely communications through an efficient and effective channel utilization and mix, and ensuring message relevance and consistency at all times.
- Ensures that communication strategy is consistently executed across multiple channels (PR, Web / Online, WeChat, internal, SEO, social media, SEM and E-mail marketing, influencer relations, et cetera).
- Collaborates and teams with other communication disciplines, teams and experts to deliver cross functional communications.
- Work with the Digital, Regional leaders and external suppliers to ensure optimization of communications across the appropriate organic and paid for digital campaign platforms
- Collaborate with Marketing, IT and agency /resources to develop, coordinate and implement campaign tactics
- Leverage common tools, processes, practices across the business that are aligned with relevant standards and policies, and as part of the Global Communications team share best practice and learning’s
- Support Internal communications to support and foster engagement on N&H strategy and regional success stories
- Have strong financial management skills
- Collaborative, effective virtual team skills, people influencing and negotiation skills, with the ability to gain consensus and manage sensitive situations.
- Excellent English verbal and written skills is essential.
- Proven track record to build productive alliances and forging partnerships for success. Result oriented with strong process / systems thinking skills. Strong executive presence and stakeholder relations capabilities.
- Strong knowledge of dietary supplements and / or pharmaceutical excipients business and able to build and strengthen relevant industry and technology knowledge; ability to grasp all aspects of the business including technologies as well as market situation and competitive environment.
- Flexible and resilient. Problem solver. Ability to perform under pressure.
- Very focused. Strong project management eye for detail and hands on execution skills. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with effective time management.
- Strong knowledge and use of social media platforms and knowledge of capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to turn complex ideas into compelling story lines and messaging and creative execution. Ability to visually and compellingly articulate complex concepts so that these are easily understood by broad audiences with diverse backgrounds and cultures. Skilled to do this in both a verbal and / or visual execution.
- Demonstrates effective influencing skills, effective coaching skills as well as best-in- class story line and content development skills.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural, virtual environment.
- Ability to manage outside vendors and 3rd party seminar presenters and agencies.
- Minimum educational qualification of Bachelors or equivalent, while an advanced degree is preferred. BA/BS in Marketing, Business, PR or equivalent preferred.
- Computer literacy – MS Office, SAP, Sharepoint, etc.
- Other language skills are desirable but not mandatory
- Understanding of financial reporting
- Sales or technical experience
Educational background / experience:
- 7 - 10 years industry marketing communications experience
- Extensive national and international marketing communications experience for two or more businesses specifically in the area of brand, product communications (B2b / B2C), emarketing and public relations
- Extensive understanding and experience of cultural customs, legal, media and organisational practices across assigned markets
- Fluent in English - excellent written and verbal skills
- University Degree or equivalent in Marketing/Communications
- Seasoned user of the Microsoft Office family of products
- Ability to work well under pressure and deliver within deadlines