We are looking for a talented flexible and versatile Product Manager to undertake marketing projects for the benefit of our cosmetic business unit in Asia. You will assist marketing manager on the management of a product range, its pricing, inventory, documentation, rationalization; you will work on trends and with sales on understanding market conditions and product value proposition. You will organize promotional events that can make a difference for our company’s success according to trends and customer requirements.
The goal is to reach out to the market and cultivate the customer’s interest in our products and services in ways that strengthen our reputation and facilitate our continuous growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Product introduction and product documentation management
- Assistant Marketing Manager with new product launches by ensuring completion of products’ launch package (documentation, coding, samples…)
- Ensure data consistency over all technical documentation for Sensient’s products by working with cross-functional teams. Manage Product issues such as specifications, quality, viability, long-term supply, packaging, and transportation with other departments as needed.
- Manage Product Specification Revision Process to ensure all involved parties are aware of product changes, specifically affecting product specifications.
- Work with customer service and account managers to address inquiries related to missing documentation or product information.
- Seeks ways and methods to better serve customers both external and internal.
- Provide assistance for tradeshow organization
Product complexity and harmonization management
- Improve portfolio efficiency by identifying items that add complexity to the portfolio and come up with suggestion to address the issues.
- Coordinate with Product Managers of other Sensient Cosmetic Technologies affiliate to ensure best in class communication of products’ status, and products’ changes.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proven experience as marketing executive or similar role
- Good understanding of market research techniques, data analysis and statistics methods
- Familiarity with social media and web analytics (e.g. WebTrends)
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Strong organizational and time-management abilities
- Creativity and commercial awareness
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education preferably in marketing or technical area Excellent writing skills in English
- Fluent in English and Chinese
- 5 years minimum experience in the cosmetic industry
- At least 2 years of marketing experience preferably within manufacturing companies.
- Understanding of manufacturing for consumer packaged goods companies.
- Good understanding of cosmetic market environment in Asia (regulation, competition, market needs and requirements)
ABOUT SENSIENT NEW GLOBAL INNOVATION CENTER IN SINGAPORE:
Sensient new global innovation center GIC will bring together scientists and technologists from many different Sensient business units, including : Food colors and flavors – Pharmaceutical - Sensient natural ingredients – Bionutrients - Cosmetics – Fragrances.
With a focus on new product development and application extension, the Center will exemplify deep collaboration and cross-pollination of Sensient Groups. This will allow the teams to innovate in a broader sensory context of flavor, color, texture, sight and aroma.