Reporting in to the Group Marketing Director, the Product Manager oversees day-to-day activities for Sensient’s range of products in Food Flavours and Colours. This position is responsible for product pricing, specifications, viability, as well as product management issues such as Product Line Management, and development of new product resources. The position also works with sales on new opportunities and feasibility of those opportunities. This position will also be responsible for identifying products and/or market applications to extend product offerings. This position is located at Sensient’s Global Innovation Center in Singapore.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify sensory trends across all market segments for food flavor and color, as well as extract.
- Works with new product development teams to develop, quantify and implement new projects and drive innovation.
- Lead ideation and marketing (including promotion tool across all platforms) program for food flavor and color as well as extracts for all market segment
- Support new product launches for food flavor and color as well as extracts and track successes
- Validate value proposition of Sensient product portfolio for key market segment as well as key customers
- Analyze key cost drivers and assist in the development and implementation of pricing strategies and monitors gross profit margins.
- Lead cross functional teams to drive new opportunities and provide direction to meet business objectives.
- Develop and execute pricing plan in accordance with divisional objectives and marketplace conditions.
- Review and analyze product line volume, price, and profit results against divisional objectives and budgets and explain variances.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret market and competitive intelligence information to support divisional strategic and marketing plans.
- Support the direct selling effort with the Director of Marketing, Regional General Managers, Sales Directors, and Vice President of Asia Pacific.
- Work on Special Projects as requested.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education; preferably in marketing or technical area.
- 5-7 years of marketing experience in related industry, preferably with at least 2 years within manufacturing companies selling to consumer packaged goods companies.
- Understanding of manufacturing for consumer packaged goods companies.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze internal and external data with regard to sales, costs, markets, and customers.
- Execution/Results Driven
- Develops Self & Others
- Customer Focus
- Know Your Business
- Planning & Priority Setting
- Influence & Persuasion
- Global Mindset
- Strategic Thinking
- Entrepreneurial (Creativity/Leading Change/Innovation)
Working Environment/Physical Demands:
- Work is in a professional office environment.
- Periodical exposure to laboratory and manufacturing plant conditions.