Sensient Technologies is a leading supplier of flavors, fragrances and colors used to make a diverse variety of foods and beverages, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, home and personal care products, specialty printing and imaging products, computer imaging and industrial colors.
Our goal is not only to supply our customers with the highest-quality flavors, fragrances and colors available, but also to partner with our customers in creating world-class products.
A key leadership position that coordinates cross-functional team work and is committed to providing safe food and safe E2E operations to our customers and operations team. This position is accountable for the empowered supervision of operations and responsible for the execution of all safety, environmental, quality, E2E operational, and team development activities. These responsibilities will be performed in compliance with all company and regulatory programs including, but not limited to: OSHA, EPA, ISO, FDA - HACCP and GMP, USDA and Corporate Policies. This role is expected to develop and utilize engaging and empowering tactics such as process mapping, team development and individual accountability, continuous improvement, LEAN practices, a system utilization to drive sustainable results.
- Work with EH&S leader to insure that all safety programs are executed with an E2E perspective to protect the safety of all employees.
- Utilize structured problem solving techniques to improve first pass quality levels of finished product. Insure operational compliance on all work instructions and procedures for GMP, HACCP, USDA, and Quality programs.
- Plan, organize, and ensure qualification of assigned personnel to meet the production on time and right the first time. Manage OT requirements to achieve customer requirements. Approve timecards in Kronos.
- Complete required checklist items daily for safety, environmental (scrubber, WWTP, and cooling water), food quality/safety, etc
- Complete equipment pre-operation tests and mid-process quality checks for salt, pH, etc.
- Print and insure quality of intermediate and finished goods labels in compliance with USDA, FDA, and Sensient policy
- Instilling a culture of accountability that utilizes positive discipline processes providing adequate coaching, verbal, and written documentation of all actions taken. Possibly recommending termination if all coaching efforts fail to realize intended results.
- Ensure production is aligned with maintenance in the execution of maintenance activities and timing to provide the most efficient use of planned and unplanned downtime.
- Lead daily production and/or warehousing meetings and follow up on prioritized escalated issues for completion.
- Insure the system management of the shop floor is accurately executed hourly and daily. Print, issue materials, and close WOs no more than three days in advance of production, and complete no more than 24 hours after the materials have been added.
- Improve receiving, inventory management, and shipping operations that minimize working capital investment and maximize operational productivity.
- Track and report on selected KPIs and cost savings projects
- If USDA production supervisor; primary contact for USDA supervisor, new label approval, pre-op checks, protocol development, management, and documentation of all processes
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Collaborative, technically competent, and high standards leadership style (references required)
- Present ideas effectively and visually using the full Microsoft Office Suite of products (testable)
- Demonstrate JD Edwards, ERP system, usage to streamline information flow (testable)
- Project management, or management of change experience
- Food certification and education in USDA and FDA production, or willingness to complete
- Demonstrate problem solving and preventative action implementation (testable)
- Waste Water Treatment Plant certification is a plus
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree minimum
- BS/BA Degree, in Food Safety, Engineering, or Supply Chain discipline a plus
- Minimum of five years’ experience in warehousing or production management within food or chemical industries.