Mondelēz International LLC is a US$26 billion snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries and our brands marketed in 165 countries. It’s a great time to join us; we employ over 100,000 people around the world and are a company full of the world’s favourite brands - Cadbury Dairy Milk, Philadelphia and The Natural Confectionery Company to name just a few. As well as the countless opportunities our business brings, we have fantastic people who do amazing things for our business and their own careers, every day.
Senior Scientist I (Thane)
The role will be reponsible for performing a range of routine and investigative analyses from trials across several categories including those requiring rapid turnaround testing. The job holder will be required to perform physio-chemical analysis and report work in accordance with all quality standards. The job-holder will also be required to provide in-depth analytical consultancy and technical rigor to projects to ensure we do the right science at the right time to answer specific business needs. All projects are to be completed effectively meeting the customer's needs. This role will require some analytial technical consultancy to factories (predominantly beverages) where required. The job holder will have client contact and some adminstrative support for laboratory management including calibration of equipment.
1. Provide high quality customer service at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data generated and timeley/accurate provision of results.
2. Perform a range of physio chemical analyses under minimal supervision.
3. Perform method validation following protocols where required.
4. Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting of lab equipment.
5. Perform transcription checking for factual data (e.g. reagents) and review non GMP projects on LIMS.
6. Be proficient in the use of generic and specific software packages required for the role e.g. LIMs
7. Provide training in routine activities and methods to members of analytical staff where required
8. Take responsibility as required for analytical delivery of specific projects and/or specific areas of general laboratory/sample administration.
COMMUNICATION AND INFLUENCE: 1. Work as part of an efficient analytical team locally, regionally and globally including partnering effectively with other departments / manufacturing facilities across AMEA. QEHS: 1. Work to the highest standards of safety and quality including participating and actively engaging in all health and safety audits within the Thane lab. 2. To complete assigned quality actions in a timely manner. 3. Assist with the documentation of SOPs, risk assessments and material hazard datasheets. 4. To maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment. 5. Ensure training records are accurate. 6. To partcipate in QEHS audits for the analytical laboratory and the pilot plant.