Mar 29, 2019
This job looks to maintain the safety, legal and ethical standards in the products that Sensient sells, by the evaluation and compliance of raw material and finished products by country, by region and by customer requirements. Preparation of regulatory and technical documents that will be released to internal and external customers and Government. Identify, analyze, and apply the regulatory guidelines from which our products and raw material will be evaluated.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. To generate the document package (TDS and SDS) with the minimum information required by the customer for all products. TDS (Ingredient lists, nutritional, allergen, GMO, vegan, organic, food grade, religious status, analytical and microbiological parameters)
2. Provide support of customers to resolve product inquiries: questionnaires, permissibility, nutritional, ingredients, GMO, allergens, food grade, heavy metals, solvents, FEMA, FDA, Mexican certificate of legality, self-life and packaging, legal denominations, letters of guarantee, COFEPRIS letters, California Proposition 65, Suitability Kosher and Halal, non-pesticides, non-irradiated letters, source of raw materials, restrictive raw material and their contents.
3. To generate customs documents for export / import products: Declarations of use, ingredient list, HS code, free sales certificate, good manufacturing certificate from Ministry of Health.
4. Support to Development area for evaluations and calculations of raw materials as maximum doses and applications in finish product, restricted ingredients and permissibility, check if the raw materials meet with the customer specifications, in order to develop new products in accordance with customer requirements/expectations.
5. Support in the Evaluation, calculation and technical analysis for the allocation of HS code to raw materials and finished products.
6. Ensure that the products we develop, manufacture and distribute (buy-sell) comply with the required legislation, basing the evaluation on scientific and legal aspects.
7. Support in internal audits (BRC).
8. Maintain the systems with the current information/documents received by vendors and documents created by Sensient.
9. Maintain processes: VIR and MOC
10. Kosher inter and KofK: raw material, vendor and finish goods
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science.
• Four years of experience.
Skills & Abilities:
• Must be fluent in Spanish.
• Math, statistics, and analytical thinking
• Problem solving and decision making
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Planning and organizing
• Accountability and responsibility
• Teamwork and collaboration
• Applied science and technology
• Supporting and training staff
• Customer focus (internal and external).
• Continuous learning.
• Interpersonal skills.
• Regulatory fundamentals: Ingredient lists, nutritional, allergen, GMO, vegan, organic, food grade, religious status, analytical and microbiological parameters, Kosher, Halal.
Working Environment/Physical Demands:
• The Regulatory Affairs Specialist works with Business & Development Staff – Formula Administration- Data Master- Supply Chain – Manufacture- Warehouse - Purchasing – Customer service.